Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Is it fair to be ungrateful to the Army?

pakistan army soldiers eid

I am Gunner Fazal Mehmood,currently serving in a medium regiment artillery located at a peaceful location. It is 0400 hours,the first day of Eidul Azha and while lying on my charpoy I am thinking about the last night – it is the third consecutive Eid that I will be spending away from my family.

I don’t know why,but I am constantly reminded of a similar chaand raat which I had spent along with my family back in Bahawalpur a few years ago. All the luminosity,crowd and chanting at the Meena bazaar near our house constantly reminded me of my baby girl‘s face which was so cheerful because she was to wear her new cloths on Eid which I had bought her. I also remember going to the bazaar with my family to get my wife’s palms henna-stained and fetch the last minute make-up items.

No comments:

Post a Comment