Monday, May 2, 2011

How my sons discovered the ‘adult’ world

When my kids discovered the

On a fine spring day in 2008, surprising words cropped up on my computer. I had logged onto Google to pick up some biographical information about the United Nations Special Envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa, Ambassador Stephen Lewis, of Toronto, as part of my writing work. I typed the letter “S,” then paused to recall whether he spelled his name as Steven or Stephen, when, helpfully, a drop-down menu offered recent “S” searches, including “Sax,” “Saxing,” “Saxing boys and girls,” and “Saxing Brintnte sprs.”

“But no one in the family plays saxophone,” I chuckled to myself. “They must have meant ‘trombone’ or ‘trumpet.’ ”

Continue reading How my sons discovered the ‘adult’ world

No comments:

Post a Comment